Men's and Women's Modern Utility Kilts Made in the U.S.A. stumptownkilts.com

Sunday, June 28, 2015

FAQ - CAN I WEAR A SHORTER KILT WHICH IS ABOVE THE KNEE FOR HIKING?


Question
I've been looking at hiking kits lately. Some comments on length, chafing have me thinking that for hiking perhaps to the top of the knee is better. As kilts are more popular in the Northwest for this purpose than elsewhere I thought I'd ask you if people wear the kilt a little above the knee for hiking or stay with the mid knee or longer length? Please advise. Thanks!

Answer
Quite a few hikers and runners wear a shorter kilt, in fact many purchase our Women's Kilts since they are shorter and provide more air flow.  

The great thing about a Modern Kilt is personal choice. Since I tend to plow through things and bike in my Kilt, I wear mine longer for protection. Traditionally, they were worn at mid-knee, so when purchasing a tartan this is something to keep in mind. StumpTown Kilts are all about personal choice and comfort, so do what feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment