Men's and Women's Modern Utility Kilts Made in the U.S.A. stumptownkilts.com

Saturday, May 22, 2021

INTERVIEW WITH ANGELA - AKA HighlandHuntress


Where do you live?
Grew up on the gulf coast of Florida, spent 17 years in PDX- recently moved down to Corvallis, OR for education. Next up: Scotland!! Heading to Scotland this August so my hubby and I can both pursue (even more!) education.


What do you do for work?
I’m a professor, actually (I say actually because people often seem to have stereotypes of what professors look or sound like…). I LOVE working with students, and helping people empower their dreams. Education opens so many doors and it’s really a special gift to see someone rockin’ their path, tuning into life in new ways. Plus, lots of my students have become my friends years down the road. I’m super lucky to work with amazing people all over the country. I’m also getting ready to begin a research PhD, working with some international collaborators. I’m a giant nerd, and I LOVE it. There’s nothing on earth I’d rather do than education and research- it’s super fulfilling and pretty much rad as hell.


More importantly, what do you do for fun?
I love my work, but I do love my play something fierce! 😊 I love to play outside with my smokin’ hot hubby of almost 22 years. We love adventures, travel, and new challenges!

What are your hobbies?
I love to run ultramarathons and climb mountains, but I also really enjoy cuddling up with hot cocoa and playing Magic the Gathering with my kids. Recently, my oldest kid taught me to surf—which is really just a prolonged beating from Poseidon! But really, playing outside is always a good day!

Do you have any special talents?
I love this question! So fun fact, I sew a lot of my own clothes because I can’t really find anything that suits my incessant need for ruffles and lacing. I don’t have a working machine so I hand-sew everything, which is tedious but also kind of amazingly meditative! If I’m really stressed and mentally bogged down, I’ll create a new piece and get my stitch on; it’s very Zen. My students tell me my workplace style is a cross between Cruella DeVille and Game of Thrones, which I personally find a complement 😉


How did you come to know STK?
My husband started wearing his first STK and I was totally smitten! I couldn’t wait to sport the ladies’ edition and I have not been disappointed. Every time I wear my STK random people complement the styling so I’d say it’s a hit!

What is your favorite event STK hosts or vends?
What’s an “event”? After the past year of the pandemic, I think walking a block to the grocery store totally counts as an event. Will you come vend the Fred Meyer parking lot?

What is the Favorite Feature on your STK?
Definitely the “fit” of the kilt! It’s one of the most flattering items of clothing I’ve ever owned. Versatile, goes with SO many things in my closet—and never fails to look sharp and put together when worn.

How many Kilts do you own?
One does not “own” a kilt; a kilt is a life partner.



What is your favorite Kilt color?
It’s really tough to beat the black pinstripe because the fabric is just so smooth and delicious! I don’t wear a lot of prints, so I will generally always favor solid colors- the maroon is a really great neutral, but feminine, base and it goes with a lot of tops.

What secret thing do you put in your hidden pocket?
This is where I keep the secrets of the universe. Also, my keys.

What do you carry on your bandoleer (other than attachable pockets)?
Pro tip- I am now part of the “needs reading glasses” club and it’s super handy to hang the arm of my glasses from the bandoleer! I’ve found it’s the perfect place to stash them where they won’t get crushed and I can still grab my specs quickly.


What typically do you wear with your STK?
To me, there is nothing that makes me feel more fiercely feminine and powerfully sexy than a kilt topped with a laced corset. In cold weather a great pair of tall boots is the perfect accessory with my STK, and topped with a cropped jacket you really can’t go wrong!

Where do you wear your STK?
Anywhere and everywhere! Layered with leggings, it’s perfect for professional meetings or in-class lectures. I’ve worn my STK hiking, hunting, and everything in between—from yoga on the steps of a Swiss castle to clamoring up a wind-swept dune along the ocean, there is nothing my STK can’t handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment